Fiabee is a file synchronization and sharing service which allows you, among other things, to:
- Automatically synchronize files and folders across your web account and your devices such as laptops, desktops, tablets and smartphones.
- Share folders with friends and colleagues near you or across the world and assign individual permissions to keep control of what others do with them.
- Share your files with a link from your mobile or through the web. Your contacts will appreciate you not flooding their mailbox.
- Automatically save the last 30 versions of all your files - so you’ll never lose a file accidentally.
- Take a photo with your smartphone (see details in the mobile applications section) and have it uploaded automatically across all your devices.
- Secure your files, photos and contacts with automatic back-up your tablets or smartphones.
- Access your personal data and media anytime, anywhere.
Fiabee is a service that allows you to consolidate and bring together into one place all of your data normally spread across the web, multiple computers and mobiles, while keeping the files automatically synchronized for up-to-date on the go access from any of your devices, anywhere you go.
3 Cases of Fiabee to the rescue:
- Share, edit and print your files from your mobile.
You do not need to have a computer or a laptop to manage your documents. You could do it from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. Share, edit and print them straight from your mobile.
- Share your local folders with others and assign access permissions
With a simple click you can share your desktop folders with others via the Internet. Any new file you create, modify or drag into the shared folder will automatically appear on the desktop computer of whoever you are sharing it with. You can assign and revoke at any time levels of access to your folders, so you control who does what with your information.
- Quickly share files
Sending files via email is not very efficient, they can bounce because of size limitations or overload email storage quotas. Fiabee allows you to share complete folders or individual files with your contacts with a simple click. Plus you’ll be able to decide what recipients can do with your files. Fiabee allows you to have efficient control over the information you share with third parties.
If you install the Fiabee desktop application on your computer, you’ll be able to synchronize your local folders and share them with others directly from your PC (if you don’t install the app, you’ll also be able to share files from the Fiabee website).
To install the desktop application:
- Access your account on https://www.fiabee.com
- Click on “Download Fiabee” and the download will start.
- Once the download is complete, click on the executable installation file and follow simple instructions to correctly complete the installation process.
Once you’ve correctly installed the Fiabee application on your computer (Windows), you’ll find a “Fiabee” folder under “My Documents”.
Any files or folders that you make or drag into the “Fiabee” folder will automatically upload to your Fiabee account. Any changes you make to these files or folders, will also automatically save in Fiabee.
If you install the Fiabee for PC application in your computers, using the same account for each one of them, all of the files you’ve saved locally in Fiabee will also replicate automatically in across all of your computers.
Likewise, in order to access your files from your mobile, you’ll need to install the Fiabee application according to the model you use.
This way all of your computers and mobiles are connected and automatically give you complete access to your files across all of your devices.
You don’t need to have the desktop application installed on your computer in order to work with your files on Fiabee. Fiabee allows you to work directly using our web:
- Access your account on https://www.fiabee.com.
- Click on “Files” on the side menu.
- Download the file that you’d like to work with by clicking on the following icon:
One you’ve downloaded the file locally, you can make changes to it. When you’re ready to upload the new version to Fiabee:
- In https://www.fiabee.com, in the “Files” menu, click on the “Upload file” button.
- Select the file you’ve downloaded and made changes to.
- If you DON’T change the name of the file, Fiabee will detect that it’s a new version of the same file and will automatically replace the previous version. All versions will be saved.
- If you change the name of the file, Fiabee will interpret it as a new file and will not replace the previous version. These will be considered two different files.
- Fiabee will then automatically update the new version (or the new file) in all of your other devices that synchronize with Fiabee.
Fiabee allows you to share folders and files with other users. When sharing, you’ll also be able to decide what the user you’ve given access to can do with the files or folders you’ve assigned him, by giving him specific permission.
In order to share folders:
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- It will show a menu; click on “Fiabee Sync” and then on “Share”.
- Your browser will open, showing your Fiabee account.
- You will access the menu that allows you to manage users and their permission levels.
- Type in the email addresses of the users with whom you want to share the folder.
- Select the permission level you want to assign to the user you’re sending the invitation to:
- See, modify and share: this means the user can edit, change or delete the shared folder and its contents. The changes will also appear in the folder you’ve shared with him. The user will also be able to share the folder at his discretion.
- See and modify: the same permission as the previous one, except that this level will not allow the user to share the folder with others.
- See: The user will have a local copy of the shared folder on his PC, but any changes he makes to those files or their content, even if he deletes the file, will not be replicated in the folders of the other users he has shared with.
- Send the folder sharing invitation and you’re all set.